It is very important to Wanake that we do a good job of screening our volunteers and placing people exactly where they will be most effective.
For that reason, in order to volunteer to work directly with children at Wanake, there are a couple steps that must be completed before arriving on site including:
- Filling out a volunteer application (Link found below)
- Having 3 references who can speak to your work ethic, ability to work with children, and faith. (Link found below)
- An interview with the Assistant Director to decide if Wanake is a good match for you. (Either in person or over the phone)
- A finger print background check (details found below)
- Fill out a health form and disclosure form and submit them to the Wanake office.
- If counseling, shadowing one of our staff members for a full day before your week of counseling.
- If working with horses, complete a horse activities participation agreement.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please call camp at 330-756-2333.