Are you looking for a paid summer job that is guaranteed to grow you as a person, be the time of your life, and look awesome on a resume? At Wanake Camp and Retreat Center, you’ll discover more than just a summer job. We offer great summer opportunities for outstanding Christian men and women.
If you are pursuing a career working with children, working at camp is quite possibly the best summer job you could ever put on a resume! All majors can benefit from working a summer at camp. Camp teaches you skills which translate to all industries.
Fill out and submit an application online
Wanake Incredible Interns (Wii) Program
Still debating between working at camp and getting a "real job in the real world?"
- Check out these great articles written by Elizabeth Dawson Shreckhise, Assistant Director at Camp Alleghany: Camp Counseling as Career Development and Top Three Reasons to be a Camp Counselor
- Need to make more money somewhere else? Consider the fact that other than your days off, you will not be spending money on gasoline, eating out, or entertainment. At the end of the summer, the money you made will still be there and not spent.
Once you have submitted your application:
RSVP To an Interview Event** and get 3 References
RSVP to an interview weekend: Wanake's unique way of interviewing its applicants. We invite all of our applicants out to our site for one of three interview weekends. We spend the weekend together doing different camp activities like bible study, games, a tour of camp, and cooking over the fire. This way we get to know you better and you are able to get a better idea if Wanake is a good match for you. Interview weekends are a great way for folks who are interested in working at camp, to "check us out".
RSVP either on facebook- Click Here- by calling the office at 330-756-2333, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
2017 Interview Weekend Dates:
Interview weekend dates are*:
- January 14th (10AM) - 15th (3PM)
- February 18th (10AM) - 19th (3PM)
- April 22nd (10AM) - 23rd (3PM)
*If you are absolutely unable to make it to an interview weekend, please call camp to let us know so that we can make other arrangements.
Have 3 references fill out the online reference
(You'll need to send them a link in an email to the form below)
Note to returning staff- **References are valid for 3 years**
Please ask three persons who know you well to complete either the online reference form or print and mail one directly to us.
- One reference should be from the pastor of the church where you are active.
- One reference should be completed by someone able to judge your skill and abilities in working with children.
- One reference should be from someone able to judge your work characteristics, such as maturity, dependability, ability to work in a team, and flexibility.
If your reference cannot fill out the online reference:
- Print out a reference form found below.
- Fill in your name at the top of the reference.
- Provide your reference with a stamped envelope addressed to the site for which you are applying.
- Ask persons to sign their name across the back of the envelope after they have sealed it and then mail it.
- References should not be returned to you.
Want to print out an application and reference form and mail it in??